Saturday 26 September 2009

Coincidence? History repeating itself? Or the best speech?

Conservative MP David Davies is a consistent fan of Diane Abbott.

"11 Jun 2008 : Column 383
David T.C. Davies: I have the near impossible task of following one of the finest speeches I have heard since being elected to the House of Commons. The hon. Member for Hackney, North and Stoke Newington (Ms Abbott) need not fret: we will not be on the same side on many issues, although we are on this one. (Link to debate)

But a year later, on 9 July 2009: David T.C. Davies (Monmouth) (Con): It has been a pleasure to listen to the debate. I am sorry that the House is so empty at the moment, because the hon. Member for Hackney, North and Stoke Newington (Ms Abbott) made, without doubt, the best speech of the afternoon; indeed, it was one of the best speeches that I have heard in this place. I am not just saying that. I disagree with some of what she said, and she will disagree with some of what I am going to say—but she knows what she is talking about, this lady. (Link to debate)

No comments:

Post a Comment